Welcome to the manual of the Poppy Project, an open-source robotic platform.
In this documentation, we will try to cover everything from the short overview of what is possible within the project to the details on how you can build a Poppy robot or reproduce one of the pedagogical activity.
This book is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license. The source can be found and modified on GitHub.
In the first chapter, we will give you a simple but exhaustive overview of what you can do within this project, so you can quickly focus on the following chapters that cover what you are really interested in. While some advanced chapters may require a good understanding of mechanics, electronics or computer sciences, the Getting Started section is intended to be easily accessible by all readers.
This is the version 1.0 of the Poppy documentation, updated at Tue Jan 17 2017 08:42:42 GMT+0000 (UTC).
It contains the documentation for:
- Poppy Humanoid hardware version 1.0.1
- Poppy Torso hardware version 1.0.1
- Poppy ErgoJr hardware version beta 6
- poppy_humanoid library version 1.1.1
- poppy_torso library version 1.1.5
- poppy_ergo_jr library version 1.4.0
- poppy.creatures library version 1.7.1
- pypot library version 2.10.0