Poppy project is vast, there are a lot of installation paths depending on what you want to do:
- You want to install a tangible Poppy robot
- You want to try Poppy robots in a simulator or in a web viewer
- You want to do some advanced stuff with a tangible robot
Whatever you want to do, all section below suppose that you have a zeroconf client (also called Bonjour) installed on your computer. It is not mandatory but otherwise, you will be on your robot IP address.
You want to install a tangible Poppy robot
Poppy creatures are controlled by a small embedded computer: a Raspberry Pi or an Odroid board. The operating system of this computer is hosted on a SD card (you can also use an MMC for the Odroid).
You have two possible states:
- You already have a pre-formated SD card with the Poppy operating system (provided by one of the Poppy distributors). You have nothing to install, you are ready to go to the assembly section.
- You have an empty SD-card, so you have to download and write the operating system on the SD card. This is the most common case.
If you are a Linux rocky and want to try yourself our unstable install scripts, you can go the install a poppy board chapter.
You want to try Poppy robots in a simulator or in a web viewer
You want to do some advanced stuff with a tangible robot
If you want to install yourself the system of the Poppy robots with our unstable install script:
If you want to control a tangible robot from your personal computer, you have to: